Always bring a repair-kit when you use your packraft. It is like the first-aid kit, the most important thing is that you know what’s in it, and how to use it. Most repair mistakes are due to not knowing the repair materials or rushing the repairs.
Common repair material:
• Alcohol Wipes: Used to clean and prepare surfaces before repairs.
• Field Repair kit: A strong, easy and effective tape. Great for most tube and floor repairs in the field.
• Sheeting tape: The easiest field repair material on the market. Be sure to remove the Sheeting Tape when you are back home and do a proper repair. Sheeting tape will bond to the fabric if left on for long periods and be difficult to remove.
• Gorilla Waterproof Patch & Seal Tape:Vinyl underwater tapes come with a thick layer of adhesive and makes it easy to press the air out to the sides. Once applied its difficult to remove.
• Aquasure®: Aquasure is an air-curing adhesive sealant. Its’s great for patching small holes, reinforcing stiches, sealimg seams and much more.
Minimum 8-hour cure.
• PolyMarine 3026 PVC Adhesive, 2-part: A PVC Inflatable boat adhesive that works great for long lasting repairs to tubes and floor. Great for home repairs.
• Adeco Adegrip, 2-part: A PVC Inflatable boat adhesive that works great for long lasting repairs to tubes and floor. Great for home repairs.
• Urethan tube and floor fabric:Patches that’s included in your repair kit.
These can be cut to shape and glued on with a PVC Adhesive